ISTRIANISSIMA – 14. April 2018
This year the route is cca. 80 km long with some challenging climbs and is suitable for cyclists with medium / high preparation. The meeting point is in Grožnjan, next to the parish church of s. Vida, Modesta i Krešencije at 8.30 in the morning. The start is from 9.45 to 10.00.
- 8.30 – 9.30 gathering, inscriptions and numbers issuing.
- 9.45 – 10.00 start of the race.
- 35 km first stop at Vidaci near Buzet.
- 46 km second stop at Paladini near the lake Butoniga to taste the truffles and asparagus.
- 64 km third stop at Oprtalj at the end of a longer climb to recharge with local sweets and Muškat wine.
- 80 km finish of the race at Grožnjan with a grilled frijolada and istrian dried “pršut”
The location of the gathering point
The Istrianissima is an OPEN AND NON COMPETITIVE BICYCLE TOUR RIDE on paved roads and dirt roads open to traffic and therefore is MANDATORY for all participants to respect the Traffic Code. The organizers are not responsible for any damage to third parties, persons or property.
Admission criteria and rules
Since this is a non-competitive event are in force the following criteria for admittance:
- you do not need a medical certificate,
- is an event open to all adults, while minors are not registered, must submit the written consent of parents,
- allowed to start are riders with bikes
- race bikes (no mountain bikes, cross or time trial) built before 1987,
- with the shift levers on the down tube of the frame or on the ends of the handlebar,
- pedals with toe clips and straps fitted,
- the passage of the brake wires external to the handlebar. It allowed the adjustment of the relationship of the freewheel to the difficulty of the course. Exceptions will be admitted on the type of bike for participants with disabilities or sensory engines which make a specific request to the organization.
- the participants must be wearing a dress code consistent to the bicycle used
- shorts and wool sweaters of various periods,
- appropriate hats, shoes and accessories.
- Not everyone will be admitted you were present at the start with the bicycle does not comply with this Regulation.
- The management reserves the right not to admit the departure cyclists with clothing or attitudes farcical or mocking.
- During the event cyclists not regularly enrolled can not join the groups, on pain of expulsion.
- The Istrianssima is an open event by invitation and the Organizing Committee may, at any time and at its sole discretion, without further obligation to motivation, to decide whether to accept the registration of anyone.
Registration and withdrawal number
Registrations may be conducted on the day of the event at the starting point, where will be given the number and the carnet of the path that must be stamped at the start, to the various controls along the route and at the finish.
The registration fee includes:
- registration for the event,
- the number for the bicycle,
- the “carnet” to affix the stamps of control,
- food and beverages at the pit-stops.
Start & Finish
The circular tour starts and finishes in Grožnjan. Attendees will leave in groups of up to 10 cyclists at a distance of 2 minutes starting at 9.45 until there are no more participants left.
The organization reserves the right at any time to make changes to the Rules and the event in general. The event will take place in all weather conditions. The website www.istrianissima.com is the only official information of the event. Therefore all official communications will be made known only through it.
Each participant to the Istrianissima declares to have read and approved this Regulation and to accept all its parts; as guarantor of their behavior during and after the event by expressing the consent to use your data, right to the provisions of the Privacy Act no. 196 of 30/06/2003; grants to the organizers the widest consent to the use, as permitted by the laws of every video image, photo, etc. shooting during the event, providing the organization since the moment of power to transfer to third parties of these images; expressly authorizes the organization, for free, the use of images, fixed and / or moving, depicting them, shooting at the event, in all the days of his life. This authorization to the use of their images to be considered paid indefinitely and without territorial limits around the world, for use in various publications and films, including, without limitation and without limitation, promotional materials and / or Advertising and carried on all media, also available to third parties and to their institutional or commercial partners, the rights of use specified herein.